He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Moms' Club & Music

I had encouraged the Moms' Club women to be reading James throughout the week and work on the first Bible study lesson in their books. 1 woman did it! But I'm glad the others are all showing up. I really enjoy teaching these women. Studying the Bible is a totally new concept to many of them and they're really engaged and participating. They're learning how to find a book of the Bible and what the chapter:verse numbers mean. It's exciting to study God's word together and see that everyone understands.



I also had after-school music lessons today.
The boy playing the flute has so much natural talent! It's so exciting!
The girl in the red just started the clarinet 2 weeks ago and is already half-way through the book.
The girl in the purple got a scholarship to an elite school in the city for 7th grade, but she's dedicated to continuing with her music lessons. These kids will keep their instruments after I leave, and have promised to return them to the school if they decide to stop playing. I hope someone new comes down to teach them!


The kid in the New York hat started playing the trumpet last year and is doing a nice job. The other boy is that kid in class who just seems absolutely clueless. Last week, he asked me if he could learn the trumpet too. Since I have 2 extra trumpets at the moment, I thought, "Why not?!" He caught on really fast and is so excited about it. I gotta admit... I'm pretty surprised! I think we've found his gift!
  

(Sorry for the ugly lay-out of this blog with the big pictures!)

No comments: