He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Amigas

I'm really starting to see my days in Ecuador slipping away. I'm starting to get sad looking at the calendar. Others remind me of the countdown on a daily basis. My amiga said, "nos estas abandonando!" (You're abandoning us!) While she does understand that I miss my family and want to move back to the US, it's heartbreaking- for all of us. How do I make the most of every moment?? Recently she made me this:


And today we went out for lunch after church and hung out for a long time.


Three people are apparently going to call me tomorrow to make offers on my car. I'm praying for wisdom for who to sell the car to- that the person will be trustworthy and honest and that the paperwork will go smoothly. But I'm SO sad to sell the car!! Have I mentioned that before? I was robbed about 4 or 5 times in the year and a half before I bought the car and not once in the past 3 years with the car. That Grand Vitara is my security blanket and I'm a little terrified to be without it for the next month.

In more serious news, we found out today that a mom of some of our former Hope of Bastion Students is in critical condition at the hospital. Her 14 year old daughter goes to our church and told us that her mom went into the hospital a week ago and is totally unresponsive right now. I believe the daughter is saved and we have had many talks with the mom over the years. I hope she has placed her faith in Christ. Please pray for her and her family. She has 4 kids between the ages of
(about) 11 - 17 and one granddaughter. 

No comments: