Tuesday, December 20, 2011
A Month of Blessings
Sometimes blessings are subtle, sometimes they smack you across the face, and sometimes they're just so unique and creative, that only God could have put the scenario together piece by piece. I've been in the US for exactly 1 month now, and as my time nears to an end, it's nice to be able to look back and be thankful for what God has already given to me this Christmas season. Let me share with you a little...
* Right after Thanksgiving, I was able to fly out to the UP (Michigan) and see family.
* Generous gifts for Ecuador: a new laptop, sponsorships for school and camp, toys for our school store, clothes for friends... and the list continues!
* Reconnecting with friends is always a highlight!
*Have I mentioned bagels??
* So I guess I better consider my 6 extra pounds a blessing as well!
* Shopping with mom
* Praying with Jonny
* Church in English
* Thrift stores & speaking Spanish
* Valley Christmas parties, parties, parties!
* I was able visit one of our students from our school in Ecuador who recently moved to Brooklyn! We went to AWANA at Evergreen Gospel Chapel, and I hope she get's plugged in at that church.
* Speaking of NYC, I've been blessed by SAFE (and extremely comfortable) public transportation. Wow. No one scared that their 1997 Nokia cell phone was going to be robbed...
*Along with the continual shock of comfort and safety in the US comes the banking experience. US Bank experience: free cup of coffee and a cookie, walk up to the teller and do what you need to do. Ecuador Bank experience: Guard w/machine gun and a 2 hour wait...
So, all of that to say, I've really enjoyed and appreciated my time at my US home. I'm so thankful for time to be encouraged by my family and friends here, as well as getting special emails from Ecuador and knowing that I'm missed there. It's extravagant that I can call 2 places, 2 countries, 2 continents, 2 languages, 2 communities HOME, and my God, that supplies all my needs, is constant in both of those homes.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all (2 Cor 13:14) as you celebrate this season. Merry Christmas!!