He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Volcano & a Bat

While waiting for my water to boil, I thought I'd start my new blog. And, this is not just, "let me put some water on to boil and then use it..." I used tap water this morning, so I need to let it sit there bubbling away for 10 minutes before I make my morning coffee (yes, horror of horrors, I don't have a coffee machine and I use instant. Ah. I'm confessing it to the world).

So, let me sit here with my coffee and thing of what has happened since I last left you. Oh, well, there was a volcanic eruption, about 6 hours from where I live which spewed volcanic ash over all of Guayaquil. I'm STILL washing it away. It was like it was snowing, gray flecks. It was really crazy.

Then, the next night, I walked into my house, and was greeted by a BAT swooping through my living room! I screamed a lot, got a broom and a laundry basket, and then figured, "What in the world am I going to do with these?!?!" So I snuck around the disgusting creature, and ran over to my pastor's house. He came over and got the bat out of my house, while I caught the whole thing on video. Sorry I can't upload it here... maybe someday you can see it :)

I haven't even begun to talk about daily life stuff: School, Bible Studies, Church, Instrumental Music Lessons.... Life is busy. And I'm learning a lot.
My friend, Esthella, and her husband came over to teach me how to cook fish. Then, after a "normal" fish meal with rice and menestra (beans), they also taught me how to make ceviche! YUM!
Kids club is going well. We have about 50-60 kids that come out every week. We do a drama, teach Bible verses, sing & dance, and play games in the school's gym. It's a fun group. Pray for us; that we're clear with the Message and that these kids come to know Jesus as their Savior!

No comments: