He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Listening on Thanksgiving

Coming back to Ecuador involves a lot of listening. From listening to family drama and a mom who wonders if her son is in danger, to teenage loves, sensitive middle-schoolers and harsh financial realities, I'm reminded of the what the daily life of a missionary entails. I daily encounter so many friends who love so generously as well as overwhelming problems that many of my American friends will never imagine: family members in jail or threatened with jail, young girls leaving home with men, money that doesn't stretch to print out homework at the cyber and take the bus to school. And I've been back 3 days. 

Today is Thanksgiving in the United States. I didn't notice that in the excitement of booking my ticket for 3 weeks in Ecuador, so this Thanksgiving was spent teaching English (subbing for a sick co-worker) and eating at a friend's house.


Our delicious Thanksgiving meal consisted of rice, beans, chicken, potatoes and salad.
I made the fresh squeezed orange juice and picked away at some ice to cool us down.


Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias!


No comments: