He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Erin in Ecuador - Home of Hugs

As my blog is so titled, I want to write while I'm here. After 4.5 months at home, I am back home. The joys and trials, blessings and confusions of having 2 homes continue on. My flights were easy and uneventful. Funny details reminded me that I was going back to South America. You know those moving sidewalks that help you get from one side of the airport to the other faster? Well, in Panama, they were just a sidewalk to stand on and from which to watch the scenery pass. I arrived at my connection as the last boarding call rang out over the loudspeaker, impossible to scurry right along those moving sidewalks jammed with sightseers.

I arrived in Guayaquil, moved quickly through customs, baggage claim and out the doors to my 3 waiting friends, the longest best hug ever, and a teeny-tiny car to bring us home. The taxi service didn't think that "with space for luggage" meant we needed a trunk. So we stuffed 1 suitcase in the back, 1 suitcase in the backseat with Jessie scrunched up next to, Kenia on my lap, and Becky in the front with my carry-on. It's always an adventure and there's always enough room.

Today was a day of hugs and good conversation. Hugs and kisses from crowds of school kids, teachers, and a steady stream of friends all day. All my lack of physical touch and people staying out of my bubble for the past 4 months was remedied in one afternoon and evening- and I'm ready for more! Bring it on!

On a side note, today was a hot & humid 2-cold-showers-day and I was greeted by 2 cockroaches in the house last night!

No comments: