He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Joy after Tears

This leaving business stinks. I couldn't post a blog last night because I was too busy crying. After some some good prayer time this morning with Becky and Jessie, I can be thankful and find peace in the Prince of Peace and his promises. I can also write joyfully about the passing activities.

Moms' club surprised me yesterday morning with my favorite food: "Seco de Pollo" and ice cream (they know I don't like cake). Yummy meal... and all at 9am!


They gave me a beautiful handmade (by them) purse with the Ecuadorian flag and a picture. 
Tim Horne, the founder of the church/school, was also invited in on his last day in Ecuador.

I rand errands yesterday and today. Today's included the bank, on the last day of the month: payday. The bank is always a daunting outing, and I guess today's paperwork went as well as could be expected. I had a free afternoon and thought maybe I could take my sponsor child out to lunch. I found her at after school, called her mom, and away we went! She's hilarious:



I wanted to get a chance to chat with this spunky 7 year old about spiritual things. I'm thankful that her two older brothers are saved and involved in the church and youth group, and her mom just trusted in Christ about a month ago! Little D prayed before our meal and is faithful at church and Kids' Club. She reads her kids' Bible too. We talked a little about salvation and I believe she is a Christian. Pray with me that she grows up to love and serve the Lord!

No comments: