He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Shopping Trip

I walked out of Mi Comisariato, with gazillions of bags from my grocery/christmas/birthday/odds&ends shopping trip. Of course I needed a taxi, and fast before my shoulder fell out of it's socket. And right in front of me were my options: an old pick up truck and the oldest most decrepit car that I've ever seen in my life. I thought, "there's NO WAY i'm getting in that car" but then i looked at the guy's shirt and realized that he was my only "safe" option since he worked for the taxi company. Safe?? uuuuuuuhhhhhh. So our first obstacle was to get me in the door and close it behind me. Difficult, but with the help of his friend, the door was shut and locked. Then there were the speed bumps. We only stalled twice, yet ever one presented a huge feat to get over. As we spent 7 minutes in the parking lot, I studied all the little screws on the floor by my feet and seriously considered what was more important: not offending the guy, or saving my life. I decided to stick it out and ride the mile and a half to my house. We only took 1 wrong turn. Turns out it was the guy's 3rd day on the job.

As we drove, I thought about the driver and how, in my opinion, he risks his life all day in his car. I wondered if he has ever trusted in Jesus to forgive his sins, and if I should open my mouth and ask him. I battled myself in my head for a while and then looked up and saw some religious stickers on his car. I used them to bring up the topic and we talked a little. I asked him if he has ever put his faith in Christ. He said that he likes to listen to the Word of God, but is not ready to make any decisions. I really hope he stays safe in his car, but more importantly, I hope he secures a future in heaven through faith in Jesus.


Every blog needs a picture, so I thought I'd let you see what will be going on in my house later today. The Sound of Hope Band will be performing in concert in a week and a half!

No comments: