He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sleeptalking in Spanish

Hola!

I´ve been in Paraguay for a whole day now, and so far, it´s been great. I´ve spent most of my time here talking, which is good, since that´s what I came here to learn, Spanish!! I haven´t had too much culture shock yet. Within the first few minutes of being in the country, I drank the water- the number one thin you´re NOT supposed to do in a new country. Nothing drastic happened though, so I guess that´s not a big issue here. Whew!

I am learning Spanish!! I spoke all day yesterday until about 10pm when my brain completely shut down. If you´ve traveled with me to any Spanish speaking country you know that my second language ability completely shuts down when I´m tired! It was pretty hilarious to witness my lack of communicative skills from 10 - 11pm last night. Oh well.

This morning I woke up and asked Ruth -Mariana´s sister stayed over Mariana´s house last night- what time she came in. I didn´t hear her at all. She told me that I did wake up and asked her ¨Como estuve la fiesta?" (how was the party). Is sleeptalking in Spanish a sign of fluency??

This is Ruth and me in the front of the house.
This is the back of the house! I´m not really roughin´ it...

No comments: