He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Monday, August 11, 2008

Ask and You Shall Receive

"Si, si. gracias", I said as Mariana showed me how to use the shower my first day in Paraguay, not understanding anything.

Today, after 6 days of cold showers, "Mariana, hay agua caliente para la ducha?" Mariana, is there any hot water for the shower?

And she showed me how to turn on the lightswitch for hot water. Ahhhhhhhhhh perfecto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you'll never look at a light switch the same again!

Jim said...

I had a similar experience w/ cold showers last summer. Apparently last summer while at school, the people who installed our shower put the handle on backwards. No matter how hot i turned it, it got colder and colder. Took me 3 days to figure it out that if I put the water "colder" i'd get some heat. Glad you're having fun down there! Missed you at CSSM, Misty.