He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Saturday, November 28, 2015

2 Mangoes, Flutes and Friends

A boy from our school was recently semi-adopted by one of the teachers. She now has legal custody since the boys' parents have passed away and he was being mistreated by the family members he was with. He is one of my music students- a very talented flute player. I was able to rescue his flute from his old house and we had lessons today. He and the other girl were a joy to teach.

After music lessons, I headed up and down the hills to Block 8 to visit my dear friend Noemi. Scary dogs and not-as-scary drug dealers always keep me on the lookout, but I also passed many former kids' club and youth group kids from years past on my way. The memories kept coming as Noemi's daughter brought out her photo album for us to peruse. I spent a lot of life in that house. When I first visited, almost 6 years ago, it was a bamboo structure with an outhouse out back. While the outhouse is still functional, the house is now cement, with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and a living room. We got caught up on life and reminisced of old times. Lunch was delicious (estofado) and my 2nd mango of the day was superb.


I met many friends and kids all the way back to my house and had a nice time with another friend in the afternoon. Then I had the privilege of judging a youth group talent show. Ecuador's Got Talent!


No comments: