He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Monday, April 30, 2012

"Summer" is over.


I must take advantage of fast internet to upload some photos. I've been in at home in NJ for 2 1/2 weeks, speaking at conferences and enjoying time with family and friends. Timing worked out perfectly and I was able to go to my cousin's wedding, hang out with the fam, and see the country-side! 
 We drove through Amish Country...
 Jonny defended his math thesis while I snapped pictures....

Now let's go back to Ecuador. I haven't uploaded any info since January! And this is why....
February was CAMP, ONZOLE (river/jungle ministry), and BLOCK 8 OCC.

I was able to spend a week and a half with Nikki in her "jungle" ministry. A Navigator team from Canada came to do some camps, and I went along to help translate. It was a great time with LOTS of kids!

During these summer months we had 4 weeks of camp: 2 teen weeks and 2 kids weeks.

I had never done Ecuadorian Teen week before, but I counseled a small cabin of 5 girls and loved it!!

During kids' weeks, I was the speaker and really enjoyed that role!!

Kids' Week Arenal was extra special because my bro Jonny and a group from NJ came down to help out with that week of camp. They had a great time, and I had a great time sharing my NJ people with my Ecuador people :) Here's Jonny stocking up on some Ecuadorian soda that he liked...

At the end of their trip, the team stayed in Bastion houses and went to church.

The NJians worked with the Ecuadorian counselors. Here's Dave with Counselor Freddy.

Feb/March is our school break because of the rainy season- and boy was it a rainy season!!
In the midst of camp and onzole, we held a Vacation Bible School in Block 8 of Bastion.

We had the 5 day VBS in my friend Noemi's house and packed 140 people in her living/dining room. 

On the last day of VBS we handed out Operation Christmas Child boxes to 116 kids. 

Enjoy a video of the craziness!!


No comments: