He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mom & More


My first trip to the mountains. This was taken out of the window of the bus, on the way to Banos, a little town in the shadow of the active volcano Tunguragua.

Mom came for a visit in August! That was wonderful. She got to meet my friends and see my life here in Ecuador. She was also a great photographer and I have a bunch of new pictures of life here. Unfortunately, posting them here will take a million years, so check out my facebook if you'd like to see some more. We also went to the Mountains and the Jungle! Very fun!!

After Mom left, I had a few days to adjust back to normal life, and then, BAM! Life has decided to fall apart. Suddenly, everyone has instantaneously come to the conclusion that I am the answer, or will have the answer to their life problems. What's up with that? I don't know how to deal with this stuff. We're talking heavy issues here with families, health, education, jobs... "That's life in Bastion" say my friends. Hmmm. Is this what it means to be a missionary? All I know is that I'm being physically held together by the faithful prayers of my family and friends. So, for those of you praying for me, THANKS!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You know, I woke up this morning, and thought of you and realized it had been awhile since you posted, and I was getting set to send you a little email to see what you've been up to, and here you are!

How wonderful that your mom got to visit! (She looks great by the way.) It looks beautiful there.

I will continue to pray for you. Sounds like you're really reaching the people there. You're doing amazing things. :)