- Lots of good friends! They're coming over today to play "Manzanas con Manzanas". (Come on, pull out that high school Spanish and guess the game!)
- Beautifully perfect delicious avocados: My yummy dinner last night :)
- A big man helped me carry a new gas tank to my house (no way I could have done it alone) after mine ran out.
- The "juramento" day... Last friday I went to this "flag thing" at my school and then at my friend's high school. In our students promised to be faithful to their country, but in the high school, my friend had to kneel and kiss the flag and swear to it. That was kinda weird, but it was wonderful hanging out with her and her family.
- I'm really enjoying my seminary studies! I'm taking Systematic Theology, Church History, New Testament, Evangelism, a philosophy course, and Exegetical Methods.
- My cell phone was stolen on the crowded metro (on the way to seminary). Obviously this is bad.
- But what made me MADDER was the ridiculous process of buying a new one! "The costumer is always right" philosophy is NOT used here and it took me over an hour to convince the cell phone store to take my money and let me buy their overly priced cell phone.
- I'm sure you've heard about the state of Ecuador at the moment. Check out CNN International for more detailed up-t0-date reports, but I'll tell you, there was some craziness going on around here! The police were striking and supposedly trying to overthrow the president. So yesterday, we were without police, and people without police do bad things. I didn't see anything personally, but everyone was very scared and cautious. I slept over Heather's house! Things seemed to have calmed down now; public transportation is running, and the military is taking over police work. Definitely something to pray about though!