He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

1 Week Away

Today is Tuesday. Next Tuesday, I'll be in Ecuador. That's a pretty crazy thought. I've been preparing for this for a while now, and things are finally coming together. I have my visa, ticket and health insurance, like I wrote in my last post, I've compiled a lot of Spanish music, some of which I've also blogged about (see 2 posts down), and my friends in Ecuador are getting my house ready for me! So that's all the tangible stuff.

I'm also working on the emotional stuff. I feel like I've had a lot of good, quality time with my family and friends since I've been home. My mom and I go for a walk everyday after school, which has been soooo wonderful, and, i must say, necessary, since I've been going out to eat with everyone else! I'm getting my last moments with friends over bagels and buffalo chicken (not together, bagels and buffalo chicken, together with friends, different occasions.... i'm going to miss them all!! the friends and the bagels and buffalo chicken!). And I've really enjoyed chapel, youth group, Wed nt study, Thrusday prayer meeting & study, and Dave's Friday group.

People have been asking me, "So when are you coming back home?" The easiest answer that I can give is that, I don't know! I bought a one-way ticket! The consoling thought to me, in this scary thought, is that Ecuador is really not that far away, and plane tickets are not very expensive! And I already have some family and friends lined up to visit me! YAY!

So basically, I'm going to start my dream job. I'll be teaching elementary music, in a poor neighborhood, free to love my students and tell them about Jesus' love. I'll be living right across the street from my school and church community and investing in relationships there. Please pray for me as I settle in!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You know there are a handful of us praying for you up here in Alaska. I pray your transition goes smoothly. Oh, how exciting!