He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's All Perspective

So my last post promised some bathroom talk. I'll get to that. First I'm going to talk about perspective.

#1. I'm walking down the middle of the road and I think, "ah man, I have to move to the side to make way for the car." That's not a normal thought, Erin.
#2. Same road. I stop to get a closer look at a herd of sheep that are hanging out doing their thing (eating grass- for those of you who don't know what sheep's thing is these days). Huh. Sheep are dirty. I'm wearing a wollen scarf. hmmm
#3. Brr! it's cold out! Oh wait, I'm smack in the middle of winter, it's been 70 degrees for the past 4 days and today, when it drops into the 50's, I'm desperate for my sweatshirt and cup of tea!
#4. Back to the
bathrooms. When my wonderful visitor Ashley was here, we discovered how quickly (thank You Lord) that our perspective changes. After returning from a bathroom visit in a school, I asked her how it was. She replied, "Good!" Then she said, "well, good meaning that the door closed, their was a light and the toilet flushed." That about sums up a "good" bathroom. We do not EVER expect toilet paper. A sink is not a must. I just don't like it when the door won't close all the way and I'm in plain view of the entire school. Worse, is, a murky brown floor with a door that DOES close all the way, yet the light is broken and you're in pitch blackness- at which point you do business with the door open, in need of the stream of light from outside. Rule #1- NEVER breath through your nose! I keep my Purell on hand and hope that it wars agains the swine flu that's now sweeping our southern South American countries.

pic- yucky floor, no doors, unflushable = bad

No comments: