He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A List

I made myself a list. I love lists. I kept thinking about things to write about in my blog. Some are serious, some are not!
  1. Ruth told me, "This school is very poor,; the kids may not even have shoes." She was right. The kids loved the presentation, and some middle school age girls came and talked to me after the show. That was great too!
  2. Ben was asked to talk about the true meaning of Easter at this school! The head teacher said that her students did not know what Easter was about and asked Ben to explain it to her class! What an awesome opportunity!
  3. Good Friday- we had a barbeque (called ASADO here) and ate outside. There was a lot of yummy food!
  4. Speaking of yummy... German iced coffee! My German friend offered me some while I was at her house and they use ice cream instead of ice. I think that is a GREAT idea.
  5. I got my hair cut. It was a great experience all around. The "peluqueria" is on the corner of our street. I had a great conversation with the woman cutting my hair (all about Jesus!), I love the cut that she gave me, and it only cost $2.80, including tip!
  6. Our new program is called "Amigos Ayudan". The program is for kids, but I'm learning from it every day. Why can it be so difficult to help someone out? It's much easier to think about what I want... and not initially think about the needs of someone else. 
  7. Today I was sooooo smart. Bus #44 goes directly in front of my church. Why do I always take #24 that my Paraguayan friend told me to use, when it makes me walk 4 blocks uphill? TODAY Bus #44 came and I hopped on! No walking for me! Yeah. no walking. an hour and 15 minutes later =( that's a half hour longer than the #24. not so smart afterall...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

More cute kids!!

Beth said...

I love lists too. And your list is great. I love what you are doing down there. Thanks for sharing. ;O)

jm said...

Oh lists are the best!

I just am so impressed with what you are doing down there and how well you are doing it! I love reading your blog to see the knowledge you are sharing about Christ and the knowledge you are gaining as well! And I loved your insight about helping others versus helping myself -- definitely something I need to keep in mind.

Praying for you every night!