He has shown you, oh man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you: to walk justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tecove

Tecove is the name of the Bible program that I help out with every Tuesday/Thursday. We started a new show this week and the Bible story is Esther. I'm Esther (as you can see from the photo) and we act out the entire skit to a pre-recorded story. It's great! I don't have to memorize lines- just act! Ok let me start from the beginning....

The program has 7 different parts: Superhero skit, Bible story, Game, Puppets, Bible Verse, Trick, Superhero wrap-up. Everything is really creative and fast paced. The show lasts about 30 minutes and we perform it for the entire school on an outside stage. Then we sign autographs (yeah, every time!! I'm now famous in Paraguay! hahah), pack everything up, and head to the next school. Our first show is at 7:00am (I leave my house at 5:45!! Yikes!!) and we do 3-4 shows every morning. Then we have an awesome lunch at a house in San Lorenzo (the town with all the schools). The pastor's wife of a local church cooks a huge Paraguayan meal and we restore our strength for our afternoon shows. In the afternoon, our shows start at 1:00 and we usually have 3. We get done around 5 and then head home, utterly exhausted, but happy :)

Tecove is so fun and comfortable for me.. and tonight I realized another reason why. The director is a Spanish Vic Myers. Yup. He's absolutely crazy when he's acting in front of hundreds of kids and they love him. (He also runs adventure/survivor camps in the South American jungles... I'm sure Vic would do that too if he lived in S.A.). So basically, I'm doing Beach Mission 6-7 times a day with a team of 4 people. Challenging, but fun!

I ate mondongo soup. It wasn't bad.

Mondongo=cow intestines

2 comments:

Jose said...

I told you mondongo was good stuff!!! I'm hungry now... thanks Erin!!

Beth said...

As soon as I saw that picture I immeditately thought, "OH! It looks like beach mission. How fun!"

It is such an awesome thing you're doing, Erin. I'm so glad you're having fun with it.